We have completed Phase 1 of the Science Library remodeling project and will begin Phase 2 on Monday, 11 June. The specifics of what has been accomplished to date, what is planned for this phase and how this may impact library services are detailed below. We will continue to do our utmost to inform you of these changes and restrictions in a timely manner by email, blog postings on the UGA Libraries website, and via announcements on the Science Library Facebook group page.
Phase 2 of this remodeling project includes the following:
1. Five windows will be added to the main floor, which means most of the floor will be blocked off. The 3rd and 4th floors are still available for studying, although keep in mind there will be construction noise during the day;
2. Due to space considerations, we have reduced the number of publicly available computers considerably. Printing (including color printing), a scanner, check-out and Reference service will still be available on the main floor. If you have difficulty finding a computer, the Miller Student Learning Center is an option for both UGA-affiliated patrons and outside users;
3. The Government Documents Collection has been moved to the 4th floor;
4. Most of the Reference Collection is now housed in restricted temporary storage. If you’d like a Reference book, please ask at the Reference Desk and we will retrieve it for you;
5. The current (i.e. most recent year) issues of our journals have been consolidated into one area on the 3rd Floor. Please ask at the Reference Desk if you have difficulty locating recent journal issues that used to be housed on the 4th floor.
6. The Leisure collection has been moved temporarily to the front-right corner of the 4th floor. If you have difficulty finding a Leisure book, please ask at the Reference Desk;
7. The Think Tank (i.e. the quiet study suite on the 4th floor) has been closed for the summer due to space considerations.
8. The public display cases will also be unavailable for similar reasons.
Thanks for your understanding during this process, and please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 706-542-0698 if you have any questions.